Thursday, April 12, 2007

Worlds Smallest Autonomous Robot?



Zac Wheeler posted to
the DPRG mailing list, "I've finished (sort of)
building my first sumo bot, which I believe is also the first pico sumo robot, as
well as the current smallest robot in the world. I'm defining robot here
as self-powered, autonomous, with active sensing of its environment and
the ability to control its movement. It has a battery, intelligent
control, infrared sensors, and two motors."
This brought to mind the
very first story we
posted here at robots.net back in 2001, about Sandia's
tiny robot. I mentioned this to Zak and he said, "The Sandia bot
is the one that inspired me to take this on ... their bot is a quarter
of a cubic inch - about twice
the volume of mine. Check it out on the nickel vs. mine on the dime."











Source: http://www.netchain.com

No comments: